Hmm. What to make this week? I need a gimmick. Thinking we will try to make all dishes in just one pot. Yes, perfect, one pot wonders! Maybe it’ll be the slow cooker, my mom’s hand-me-down Le Creuset (which I love), roasting pan, or a saute pan… Either way, you are welcome, Ashvin Pande, that you will only have to clean one pot (and well, the dishes we eat on, and well, the cutting board, and whatever else I end up using!). So here goes…
- Slow cooker short ribs – I love this recipe. Really, this is true love. I’d eat the whole pot by myself if I didn’t have a family to feed. Seriously.
- Loaf of bread (I’ve started putting it in the freezer and re-heating if it doesn’t get used up right away… like magic)
- Roast chicken with roasted potatoes, carrots, peas and fennel
- Loaf of bread
- Pasta puttanesca – Admittedly, this will require two pots, but we’ll tolerate that for boiling pasta! And I’m itching to use the anchovies and capers in my fridge.
- Arugula, walnut, and goat cheese salad
- “Spring” concert at Nikhil’s school (yes, with > 12 inches of snow on the ground…) so we are keeping it simple – Pizza, green beans, fruit and yogurt smoothies
- Tofu kheema curry (Inspired by my friend Suma… need to actually get the recipe from her before Wednesday!)
- Shrimp fajitas
- Guacamole and chips
- Leftovers, eat out, something that involves no pot at all…