One more week until our CSA begins! Wahoo! Guessing next week’s menu will be full of green leafy stuff. I can’t wait to see what we get.
It’s still unseasonably cold in Boston. Yes, it’s May and it’s in the 50s. But that hasn’t kept us from firing up the grill. To get into the mood of the season (even if the temps don’t follow…), this week’s menu has a few favorites for the grill. Enjoy!
- Grilled salmon steaks – super simple from Ina Garten. Marinade is just Dijon mustard, soy, garlic, and olive oil. I did 5 minutes each side on the grill for a 1.5 inch salmon steak.
- Watermelon-tomato-feta salad
- Grilled eggplant (just sliced with salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil and dropped on the grill)
- Easiest BBQ pork ribs ever! – I’ll admit that I bought the rub and the BBQ sauce. But the formula for goodness is simple – marinate in the rub overnight, slow cook at 250 degrees for several hours, slather on BBQ sauce and grill to finish off. Yum.
- Cole slaw
- Beer can chicken – I’ve always wanted to try this… Stand the chicken on the beer can. Grill. Crazy.
- Corn on the cob
- Mixed greens salad
- Pico de gallo
- Individual chicken pot pies – I have never made chicken pot pie before… inspired!
- Sauteed broccolini
- Antipasto plate (olives, prosciutto, mozzarella)
- Whole wheat spaghetti with pesto
- Eating out… or left overs… or something!