OK, folks, we need a menu. Mom’s back on service. Dad’s in charge of the kitchen (and if the grilled lamb chops from this weekend are any indication, we gonna be eatin’ well this week!).
Our CSA provided us a bounty of greens this week, some of which I had never even heard of. Some of you have seen this fridge image of my prepped and bagged veggies from this week. I think from left to right we’ve got Tokyo bekana (in the chinese cabbage family), spinach, bok choi, mixed salad greens, and kale. Not to mention the scallions, something called vivid choi (it’s hiding in the back), and cilantro. Oh, and fresh eggs. Insanity.
We’ve already eaten two of these bags of greens and it’s only Monday.
Here’s what we’ve got on the menu:
- Green curry coconut grilled chicken
- Green beans
- Tokyo bekana slaw – and I added toasted ramen noodles
- Whole wheat spaghetti with Tutto Italiano meatballs and sauce
- Roast chicken with peas, potatoes, and carrots
- Charred scallion pesto with linguine (used up the scallions and added basil and cilantro)
- I have no idea. Maybe we’ll just toss all the leftover greens together with beans and shrimp and garlic and pasta and whatever else is left in the fridge. Sounds pretty good actually!