It’s July! This week’s menu is largely for you, yes you! Because no one is cooking in my house this week until Wednesday. The Monday meal we really are doing at Chez Grandma, and the veggie burger menu is for the lone Pande at home who is on call and working…
p.s. It’s grilling season. We are planning to take advantage! If you don’t have a grill, maybe you have a grill pan to put on the stove. If you don’t have a grill pan (I don’t…), broiling/roasting in the oven works just fine…
- Frank’s Red Hot marinated chicken wings on the grill. (Extra Red Hot to dip for the spice lovers! This recipe makes for one very happy little boy in our house.)
- Grilled corn
- Veggie burgers with cheese and sautéed onions
- French fries (I am not fancy. Buy ’em frozen, toss ’em in the oven. The end.)
Wednesday: Ignore if you’ll be out BBQ-ing somewhere to celebrate the 4th of July.
- Grilled sirloin steak tips (I marinate with salt, pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce. Or just buy them already marinated. Additional marinade suggestions welcome! Just comment below.)
- Grilled asparagus
- Chopped cucumber and carrots with dip
- Angel hair pasta with fresh tomatoes, garlic, and sautéed shrimp
- Garlic bread
- Arugula salad with lemon, olive oil, salt/pepper and grated parmesan
Friday: Should we go all vegetarian one night?!
- Salad (hmm, maybe mixed greens with cranberries, toasted almonds, and goat cheese with balsamic vinaigrette)
- Pita bread (or any other bread for that matter) with hummus, raita, other dip of your choosing (olive oil?)
- Roasted vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, and grape tomatoes)
Now I just have to send the lone Pande shopping so we have all this stuff to make when we return to Boston!