- Napa cabbage
- Asian greens
- 2 lbs of cucumbers (Sonia’s already eaten 1 lb of them)
- Zucchini and squash
- Curly kale
- Kohlrabi (yes, picked this over the harukai turnips)
- Herbs (We get to pick as many as we want from the herb garden on the farm…)
Also inspired by the goodies awaiting attention in my fridge, freezer, and pantry that need to be used up: sweet Italian sausage, shrimp, tofu, a too-old baguette, goat cheese, salad greens. It’s a clean-out week. So here it is…
- Sausage, kale and white bean soup (I know it’s too hot to even think about this, but just feel like having it)
- Crusty bread (not the stale one in my pantry…)
- Asian Napa cabbage salad with sautéed shrimp (I’ve got two potential recipes from food52 for this one, Asian-inspired Napa Cabbage Salad and Vietnamese Chicken and Cabbage Salad. I haven’t tried either before, and I wouldn’t really do either exactly as outlined, but good for generating ideas.)
- Plain tofu with sesame, soy and scallion drizzle (sounds much fancier as a ‘drizzle,’ doesn’t it?)
Wednesday (parents out to dinner!)
- For the kiddos, Pizza Pizza!
- Spaghetti tacos. Seriously. For details, see ‘recipe’ on the iCarly blog (you mean you don’t read this regularly?) and the New York Times article about aforementioned recipe. It’s a meal that could only happen on a night that’s just mom and the kids! Sorry you’ll be missing out, Pande.
- Squash and Zucchini Gratin (recipe courtesy of this week’s blog post from my friend, Joy McGrath) – normally I’d throw out the old baguette but maybe i’ll toss it in the food processor to make the bread crumbs for this?!
- Herb-y goat cheese toasts
- Mixed greens with parmesan, toasted nuts, and balsamic vinaigrette
oh, kohlrabi, what shall I do with you? ideas, anyone?