Sorry no menu last week! I should have hung my ‘mom on cardiology consult service, back to reality next week’ sign. But credit to Ashvin who held the dinner torch high with a homemade Bolognese sauce.
This week is a nod to Rachel Ray Magazine which arrived in the mail this week. So this week’s menu is, you guessed it, heavily Rachel Ray inspired… Nikhil sifted through the magazine and picked out the Apple-bacon-cheddar mac and cheese. Pork chops are for Sonia. And inspired by Joy Bauer, who I had the pleasure of meeting at the Go Red for Women’s luncheon this week in Boston, we’re trying quinoa!
- Braised chicken with dates (a repeat from a few weeks ago…)
- Quinoa with Caramelized Onions and Mushroom
- Trout (or any available firm white fish…) with butter, lemon, and herbs
- Apple-bacon-cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Roasted carrots with lots of butter (Sonia’s request)
- Egg Tagliatelle with Ham & Peas
- Green beans
- Running out of ideas and thinking we will just be getting take-out by Friday…
Off to the grocery store to buy all this stuff for this week’s menu!