I am reeling from a late night of fantastic football. It was heartbreak for Kaepernick and the younger Harbaugh, but Superbowl leftovers are providing inspiration for at least one of this week’s meals.
- Slow cooker pork soft tacos with homemade guacamole, salsa (30 sec of pulsing tomatoes, chili, cilantro, onion, cumin and something acidic – red wine vinegar yesterday – in the food processor and voila…)
- Buffalo wings (this recipe from Gourmet magazine captures basically what I do)
- All the other usual game-time goodies…
- Quesadillas with cheese and BBQ leftover pork
- More guacamole and leftover salsa
- Garlic Shrimp with White Beans and Tomatoes – I saw this recipe in Runner’s World (yes, I read Runner’s World and yes, I love it). Haven’t tried it before, but the recipe looks yummy.
- sautéed spinach with garlic
- Chicken sausage, pepper, and onion stir fry (Again fell prey to samples… mango and jalapeno sausage)
- White rice
- Steamed broccoli
- Pizza (yeah, that’s right, and it’s gonna be from Domino’s and I’ll probably order bread sticks too. So there.)
- Angel hair pasta with a sauté of everything left over in the fridge, lots of garlic, red pepper flakes, and olive oil.
- Ciabatta slices with olive oil and garlic